Solstice of Summer 11:51 CET Pantelleria

©2014 Turtle Heart










copyright 2014 Turtle Heart
Near the Edge of the Grey World

Sometimes the answer is no
sometimes the answer is hell no
where should you stand when thunder falls?
how far away must you run
before you understand your shadow cannot be overtaken
disguised or ever closed, or ever empty----?








When I was awakened 
beneath the summer sun
I was all alone
All alone perhaps I wept
All alone I put my foot forward
I started moving
Following the track of the sun
around the earth
resting only with the moon
singing only with the birds
dancing only with the wind

unarmed but not surrendered
free and wild, yet imprisoned by the indifference
of sleeping ghosts and wailing victims
feasting at the long table of their suffering…..
where they count the bullets and list
the insults and name the monsters
who told them hell no

I will sit not so in silence
afraid of my own skin and bones
and dreams
to see the light in the storm
the peace in the thunder
the safety of the truth
noisy and painful and confusing as it all is
my heart, a regular human heart
is on fire with the sorrows and the outrage
of all my relations, all my ghosts
all my monsters have torn that heart
ripped it into four parts
it was taken by the wind
it was burned in the fire
it was thrown into an ancient river
there my bones were sailing
my shadow actually pointed the way
I sailed north
I looked down
tobacco falling from my fingers
I put everything together again

me and my shadow in the long river

Turtle Heart
World Journey of the Four Directions Unity Bundle

Popular Posts