Summer Solstice Twenty Thirteen || Eight Winds of the Middle Way


Void. Kanji by Mushashi, rendering by Turtle Heart ©2013



8 winds of the middle way
I live on a little island where 8 winds blow
Sometimes on the same day at the same time
It is a place in the middle
Like this island, I am in the middle
A child of the middle way
Yet crossed and blessed by all the winds
Here where Sky meets in my middle
Right here we have a fire
An ancient altar in an ancient place
Like the island, it is little
A little sacred fire that likes tobacco
And songs; songs that come from the middle
Of my body, on the side of a mountain
The middle of the mountain
Today the sun cooks my dreams
They rise like smoke from my belly
As we send our songs once again to the opening gate
of heaven
here on earth…



Popular Posts