The Sharp Knife and the Sacred Pipe

Late Spring Twenty Twelve

I am recovering these days from complicated and extensive surgery to my shoulder. As anyone who has gone through it knows, it is quite painful and a long time before the shoulder is once again normal, if it ever is. It Italy, home now of the World Journey Sacred Pipe...this was gratis, that is, free. I had to spend several thousand dollars coming and going from Pantelleria to Milan in external costs, like transportation, flying; food. I am very pleased with the doctor who did this work. I do not think in the USA I could have gotten this level of care, even considering the medical of the BIA and the Vetrans Hospital. (I am a Vietnam Veteran: HHQ, 1st Inf Div, 1/18th, "Swamp Rats" LRP).

This kind of thing is so distracting. Yet, the good life goes on. We keep the prayers and the candle on the bundle.

Consider donating some long-burning candles to the sacred bundle. We need more than 100 candles each year. You may in fact get a very good feeling knowing that you can help a Sacred Pipe Bundle in this modest way.

This photo is of that Root of the Four Directions Unity Bundle Sacred Pipe. This is the inside altar, or at least part of it. There are eight altars on the land...in and around the house.

It is an HDR photo. Taken with a Nikon D7000 with an 18-55 mm lens, set on 18 mm. Eight exposures from 10 seconds to 1/320 th second at f22. I like it. Zing. Enjoy.

All this pain and recovery and candlelights confirm to me every moment the sweetness of life, the urgency of compassion, and the loneliness wrapped up in any sickness. More than anything I want to keep going, continue learning, continue the songs and hopes of my old teachers.

Copyright 2012 Turtle Heart

Popular Posts