Rescuing American Indian Ceremonies

About 27 inches height

Help me Rescue this Person...

From time to time I have rescued American Indian objects from the places they are being held. It does not happen frequently. The first time was in Nashville, Tennessee....an African object of great power...but that is a story for another time.

In America, it was much easier to keep a modest fund I had for this purpose. Over the years a number of profound objects in the hands of idle collectors were returned to daily work in the mystery life. Sacred Objects sent back to their homes. I do not rescue items to keep them for myself. I rescue them so they can be free again. The old Indians believe certain classes of sacred object have status as people.

Here in Italy, for an old Indian, the money is not so easy to gather in for the expenses and services that the sacred bundles require. We spend about 1,000 dollars on candles to stay with the bundle, for example. The care and protection of the sacred requires an infrastructure and the cold hard cash to maintain that infrastructure. This is really true for a bundle like the Four Directions Unity Bundle that is traveling out into the world.

Some of you might want to help. There are two large Hopi Katsina carvings in an art shop in Milan. I could get them out of there for around $1,500, which is a great price. Such things would be more expensive in the USA, but here in Italy the value is lower, along with the understanding. So it is a good price.

I would like to bring them to Pantelleria and install them as guardians of the sacred bundle. They have told me when I visited them that they would like to come to Pantelleria and work hard. They do not want to be collectors items in some random household.

If somebody wants to help an old Indian get these spirits over to Pantelleria, I would be very appreciative. I am running out of time to rescue them. I will show you some paintings and sculptures and you can have your choice of what you like.

I will give you in art something of equal or greater value.


$1,500
Pantelleria Katsina Rescue Fund
email Turtle Heart directly
or telephone Italy (+39) 329.834.2157


Best regards....


Popular Posts